Serves 2 or 3
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups short grain rice
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 4 cups water
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 pack Coconut Milk 200ml
Spread the shredded coconut evenly over the baking tray and put the tray to bake
in the oven preheated at 190ºC for about 10 minutes, until slightly golden.
1. Combine in a pan the rice, the sugar and the water. Mix well and bring to boil.
2. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the water is absorbed by the rice.
3. Stir in the coconut milk. Always put the coconut milk at the end to keep all the aromas.
Serve the rice next to the mango slices and sprinkle our oven-toasted shredded coconut on top.