- 1/2 cucumber sliced and salted with 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice, Japanese, round or basmati for a twist
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds roasted 2 minutes
- 1 nori sheet
- 1 can 150g Ayam Brand™ Tuna in Mineral Water Light
1 tablespoon fish stock (or dashi)
1 tablespoon vinegar
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon AYAM™ Light Soya Sauce
MIXING & ROLLING :
1. Mix well together the fish stock, the vinegar, the water, the light soya sauce and the sugar in a small mixing
bowl. Stir until the sugar melted completely. Then pour it into the rice and mix. The sushi rice is ready.
2. Place a nori sheet on the rolling bamboo mat and scoop some rice on one side of the nori.
3. Place strips of cucumber and tuna chunks lengthwise. Add on some thin slices of onion and sesame seeds.
4. Roll up using the mat and damp the edge of the nori sheet with a bit of water so that it seals completely.
5. It is really easy and looks good with a little practicing
1. Transfer our roll now on a chopping board and cut the rolls into 2cm thick slices.
2. Serve the tuna sushi on a long plate like this one together with some pickles like ginger or daikon, light soya sauce and even with miso soup.