- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 600g potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup Emmental cheese, grated
- 1/2 can Ayam Brand™ Sweet Corn Cream Style 425g
1. Grease a baking dish with butter until the top to prevent the gratin from sticking.
2. Cut thin slices of potato with a mandoline, or slicer. Bring milk to boil and blanch the potatoes for 2 minutes. Strain the potatoes and keep this milk to prepare the gratin sauce.
3. Garnish the baking dish by layering alternately the potato slices and the corn.
4. Repeat the layers with remaining potato slices and sweet corn until the baking dish is 3/4 full.
1. For the sauce, whisk the milk used for the blanching earlier on together with the egg, the salt and the pepper in a medium bowl.
2. Once nicely mixed, pour this sauce evenly over layered potatoes and corns in the baking dish.
3. Top it up with grated emmental cheese.
Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC and pop the baking dish in the oven until it turns golden brown 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve the gratin hot from the oven and decorate it with some fresh herbs.