- 200g of long grain rice
- pinch of salt
- 250ml water (1 cup)
- 4 pandan (screw pine) leaves, knotted or bundled 1 pack
- Ayam Brand™ Coconut Milk 200ml
1. If you have rice cooker, put everything into it and stir to dissolve salt. Place the lid, turn on cooker and cook your rice.
2. If you don't have one, put everything into a thick bottomed pot and stir gently to dissolve salt.
3. Bring to the boil over medium heat till most of the liquid has evaporated and venting holes start to appear on the surface of the rice.
4. Put lid on and reduce heat to minimum. Leave the rice to finish cooking for about 10 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and leave to rest for another 20 minutes. With a fork, gently separate the cooked grains.
1. This coconut rice can be served with plenty of Asian recipes.
2. It is the base for the famous Nasi Lemak.
3. It is just nice to match the hotness of some Asian stews and stir fries!