Serves 1 or 2
- 5 unripe small green chilies
- 1 can of Ayam Brand™ Sardines in Tomato Sauce 155g
- 5 large green chillies
- 5 shallots, unpeeled
- 12 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 tbsp AYAM™ Fish Sauce
- 2 fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp shallots
- chilli slices
Preheat the oven at 180oC and grill the large green chilies, the whole shallots, the garlic, the tomatoes and the eggplant over medium heat until browned (about 7 minutes). Leave it to cool. Then peel the skins
1. Get a mortar and pound the tomatoes, the eggplant, the chilies and the shallots.
2. Then add in the sardines and the garlic and pound until you get a fine paste.
3. Transfer the paste in to a bowl and add the fish sauce, the lime juice and the palm sugar. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
1. Sprinkle the chopped shallot on top of the paste and garnish it with slices of chilies.
2. This dish can be served with papadam, keropok or rice crackers, can even serve with steamed rice or fried rice, fish or steamed vegetable.