Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time 20 mins
- 1 can sardines in extra virgin olive oil, halve the sardines and retain olive oil for mayonnaise
- 50g plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100g breadcrumbs
- Oil for pan frying
- A little chilli powder for sprinkling
Garlic Mayonnaise :
- 50g mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Oil from the sardine can
- Salt to taste
- For garlic mayonnaise, mix all ingredients. Season to taste with salt and leave it in the fridge to let flavours develop.
- Lightly coat sardines in flour, followed by egg and breadcrumbs. Heat oil in pan and pan-fry till golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with garlic mayonnaise and a sprinkle of chilli powder.